Sunday, November 02, 2008

Project Status

I am burnt out on the Apres Surf Hoodie :(. I separated for the neck, got to the armholes and just couldn't do it any more. Here's my progress so far.

Please finish me!

So much done, but so much more left to go! Basically, once I got to a part where I couldn't knit in the round any more I was not having any of it. I don't know how people can do this flat. I'm working it so that on the wrong side I just purl instead of doing the lace rows, which is easier, but still tedious. The lace itself is looking really good, but I'm definitely going to have to block this baby to even out the tension across my yarn overs so that the holey bits are all the same size. Here's a close-up:

La la la I'm so pretty!

If I get the motivation again I'll probably take a break on the body and start working the arms in the round because that seems easier to me than doing the flat knitting. Then, once the arms are done I'll be dying to finish it, right?

In the meantime, I'm going to pick up some projects that use much thicker yarn. I'm starting with the Mystery Beret by Wooly Wormhead. Ooooooooo, a myyyyyystery! All I know is that I'm going to get a slouchy lacey beret, which sounds good to me. And if I don't like it, someone will be getting it for a present during the holidays so I really can't lose here. So far we've only had one clue, here's what I've done so far:

Just the beginnings...

That's all for now. Mostly I've been enjoying some relaxing days inside with library books and just that wee bit of beret knitting.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Your Apres Surf looks great. Hang in there! You have a fan who's counting on you to show her the way!