Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New Tote


better focus
Originally uploaded by nicoleballet
This bag was based on the tutorial at Mizutamago. I changed some things, like made the straps thicker. I also changed the size of the lining so it fit better into the tote bag. I think she also just top-stitched all pieces together, and I sewed the handles to the lining, then the lining to the outer part, turned it right side out and then top-stitched. I like doing it this way because I don't have to worry about things shifting around. I wasn't going to add the buttons but the front looked lonely! If I do this pattern again, I'd make the top panel a little narrower, it looks a bit wide, I also want to try this guy with interfacing and make the pleats a little more defined.

I used Amy Butler lotus fabric for the exterior and white linen for the interior.

Currently listening to - Daft Punk - Discovery

Currently watching (TV) - Confessions of a Matchmaker, oh my gosh hilarious, my new favorite trash TV show

Currently watching (movies) - The Birdcage, I love me some Hank Azaria

Currently reading - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I am so pumped for the next book!

No comments: