Monday, November 26, 2007

The Dark Side

My crafty friend Lauren is going to take knitting classes and she invited me along. She even said we could carpool. Dilemma time. I finally get to learn how to make decent legwarmers and I don't have to drive? What's holding me back? I equate knitters with the dark side. They're taking over the world! Everyone knits. Every pattern is for knitting. Blast you knitters thinking you're all that just because you use more than one stick! In my grand tradition of always doing things the hard way I scour the internet for crochet patterns that don't look like something my great-grandmother was buried in. (Sorry stutamama.) I toil away using only one utensil and minimal food and water, slaving, to make something that doesn't stretch and is hardly form-fitting. I raise my nose snooty-like in your general direction you knitting fiends! You will not turn me!

Yes I am posting for the sole reason of not working! Leave me alone, I just got back from vacation... ::grumbles and hobbles back to hole that is work pod::

No comments: