Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Patchwork Pears


Patchwork Pears
Originally uploaded by nicoleballet
I made some pears for my partridges. The pattern is from a Japanese craft book called Patchwork Quilt for Interior. My red one came out a little thin on top. Actually they're both thin all around. Such are the downsides to not speaking Japanese. Oh well, I think they're fun.


I really like the alpaca yarn I got for this scarf. The pattern was from Vogue Knitting: Crochet Scarves and it was really easy. I already bought some more yarn to make it again in a different color.

4 comments:

futuregirl said...

How weird is that ... our scarf synchronicity?! Your scarf is beautiful! :)

futuregirl said...

Oh, and I'm on the Ravelry list ... who can resist?

UK lass in US said...

Just hopped over from future girl blog to admire your scarf.

As for the pears, I posted a pear pattern on my blog, if you want - They didn't come out thin at the top, so maybe that template would work better for you. I have enough trouble following English patterns, let alone Japanese, so you're a lot braver than I am.

UK lass in US said...

The outline of the template is the line I stitched along - when I cut it out, I just cut about an extra 1/4 inch from the template line, then tried to keep the stitches on the lines I had drawn. I found it easiest not to bother with pins, but I have no clue what I am doing most of the time, so that could have just been dumb luck...