Monday, February 11, 2008

I Heart the Continental

"The cham-pan-gnay you have thrown stings my eyes!"

No, not that continental, THIS continental. I have been knitting up a storm practicing the continental knitting method. Yes, Chicagoland, that wasn't the heavens blowing snow, it was me with my knitting skillz. I've found I like it a lot better than the other way just because it's feels more like crochet. I have to wrap the yarn around my finger in the opposite direction, but it feels more natural. And I can go faster. What can I say? I like immediate results. Which is why I am so happy that I have finished three, yes count 'em, three wrist warmers (pattern from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts). TA DAAA SCIENCE!

My first pair in jade. Finished in the airport with help from my companion knitting expert, Mom

I also made a pair in pale pink and a manly pair that are ribbed in black. I like the size of the men's, but I think the women's size will stretch and fit better. Next on my project list is a baby sweater. I'm taking a huge leap here, from square projects to non-square projects, but I think with the help of my mom, Joe's mom and maybe the ladies at my LYS I can conquer it! I love having a wee community to get help from. Warm fuzzies.

P.S. Can I do a little praise the Ravlery Gods? First of all, I discovered the tab under my friends page called 'friend activity.' Within a nano-second I can see all the projects my friends are working on, what they've updated, what they've 'faved' and what they've queued. I can't even count how many more cute projects I've found within the smallest window of time. My other Ravelry epiphany? Did you notice my new sidebars?? Aren't they amazing!! I have to say, it's been about four years since I've done any real coding, and back then it was your basic HTML, a little Java and mostly MathCad. I can't get over that all I have to type is photos:true between two little parenthesis and bam! Instant photos! That whole sidebar with photos took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to put on my blog. I spent most of that time picking the color for my progress bars. I am blown away.

These progress bars might spoil me. I update my Ravelry more than my blog. I hope this doesn't become a trend because I do like adding bits of info. on here, especially since not everyone is on Ravelry and not everyone is into crocheting and knitting.

Okay, I'm done with my gushing!

No comments: