Friday, December 07, 2007

R E S P E C T


Detail on the throw
Originally uploaded by nicoleballet
At lunch I started practicing my knitting; I am an excellent student if you didn't already know. It took me about 45 min. to get two inches of scarf using super bulky yarn. Sigh. I have a new-found respect for knitting.

Tonight I pulled out a throw my mom made me when I moved into my new place. And I was kind of overwhelmed with how long this must have taken her to make. The throw she made is from two different types of yarn and it's in a diagnol rib pattern with purl borders. My yarn is even bulkier than this and it's having a hard start.
It's shnuggily shoft

Isn't this beautiful? You should know it's folded in half in the picture above. It's huge! I love this blanket which is why it rarely leaves the closet. Kitties have a sixth sense about these things, "Oh you love this? ME TOO ::stretch, yawn, CLAWS KNEAD::" After having to weave in some snags a couple times I called it a day. Still, it's nice that since it's put away, when I take it out it is cat hair free! A rarity in these parts. Someone please tell me there's a magic spray I can just cover everything, including myself in, that will repel cat hair naturally. I will give you my first born, I promise.

I know you're saying to yourself, "didn't she just go through a mom-bashing rant in the other post?" Yah, I know, I just like to keep you guessing. What am I going to do next? You don't even know. Just try, just try and guess, you can't, you can't even do it. The only thing you're guaranteed is that it will include the use of caps lock, multiple vowels in a row and the vocabulary of a five-year old, cowabunga! Ha ha! I made another funny!

2 comments:

futuregirl said...

Love the knitted blanket. Warm! :)
(lovin' yer funnies ...)

UK lass in US said...

Beautiful blanket.

My mum's knitted creations were limited to cardigans for school that were too small by the time she had finished them. Unfortunately I've inherited her knitting speed (I'm trying to remember to make several things for my daughter while she's small enough that they don't take so long...)