Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Masterpiece!


Solo
Originally uploaded by nicoleballet
So I used the same jagged scarf pattern to make one for my dad in this very manly navy. Arrr matey I spots me some manliness starboard! It's almost like I'm a real sailor. The only thing I'm missing is a parrot, and scurvy. That was my little play on the color navy and the group, the Navy. Try to keep up, we move a bit fast over here, port-side. (I have no idea what that means, just go with it.)

I finished the entire scarf only to realize I accidentally counted about 50 stitches short of what I should have. Oopsie daisy. And here's where my ravelry.com experience helped me out! YEA! I made my first post on the forums asking if I should just add on a swatch at the end or undo the entire thing. Well, one of my fellow ravelers (you are just foaming at the mouth you're so jealous that you're not on ravelry yet, aren't you? That's what I tell myself so I feel special.) gave me the advice to add a little sumpthin different at the end and make it look like I meant to do that. So taa-daaa! SCIENCE! I added some perpendicular stripes (I aced Geometry fyi) and then a navy border to kind of keep it all together. Joe said it looked good without the border, but I think it'll keep it from stretching out in all kinds of directions and look be-a-u-tee-full - I mean MANLY, unbelievably MANLY, arrrrr, anyone seen my electric drill? Oy I forgot to put the toilet seat down AGAIN.
The double scarf, perfect for winters in Chicago, and avoiding eye contact on the transit system. Chic and incognito.

I love both of the scarves together. If only I could accessorize like this all the time. These are the days I worship the cold weather in Chicago, right before the blasting cold winds come my way. Then I hide inside and drink cocoa.

BONUS KITTY PIC!

No comments: