Monday, January 21, 2008

Out of Service

I have been crafting, and I did finish one project and am in the middle of the other, but then tragedy struck: Penelope is in the garage. And I needed her to go to the hardware store to pick up some accessories for one of my projects. Boooo.

Penelope is our trusty Saturn Ion, and we think with the extreme cold we've been having she just couldn't handle it. She's usually snuggled up in our warm garage, but Saturday night Joe took her out and she hasn't recovered. Diagnosis should come later today and hopefully won't be too bad. ::fingers crossed for out of antifreeze!::

Now Joe and I are voting on what's going to be next to break. His vote is the toilet; he's a pessimist. I went with the more reliable Comcast cable, which he declares unfair since our OnDemand never works, so I've been forced to go with dishwasher. Although I think in reality it will be one of us that 'breaks', i.e. comes down with something incapacitating, pneumonia, strept throat, bad cold, etc. This weather is killing me, it's not even the cold that's bothersome, it's that it is sooo dry, my humidifier can't keep up.

In the meantime, I am going to try and snuggle up with some comfort food, soup or mac n' cheese, and some crafty goodness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Penelope! I hope she'll recover in short order! Usually trusty "Blue" across the street, refused to carry his teenaged owner to his last day of highschool EVER this morning! It must be contagious, whatever it is...... samm