Thursday, April 10, 2008

Confessions

I've been holding out on you just a wee bit. I've been secretly way more crafty than I've been letting on. I'm hiding crafty projects from teh internets because they're presents. BUT today I mailed two of the big ones off on their way so I have some pretty picture posts coming up. In the meantime, I've had some other works in progress.

I finished my Endpaper Mits ages ago, and I really really like how they turned out. I use them all the time and I believe I am the envy of everyone on the CTA, or at least the homeless ones... and the smokers. Because they love pink.

Myspace Endpaper Mit Pic! OMG IDK MY BFF JILL?

I finally finished my first crafty gift for Joe: handwarmers! Aren't you surprised??? It's not like I've made oooh six of these already, but who's counting? Joe likes them a lot and says they make a part of him warm that he never thought was cold. ...his WRISTS! Jeez! tsk tsk tsk

Joe has very feminine hands.

Not much else to report except for the sad passing of our guinea pig friend Oliver. He's pretty much infamous around here. I got him right after moving into my place, and I have to say, even with the cats, it kind of feels weird not to hear him bleeting about and rustling. When I came home today the cats seemed alarmed that Oliver was gone and hadn't returned, but I'm pretty sure that's all in my imagination.

Of course, the past three weeks Bear has been rubbing against my legs every time I put on my shoes to leave for work. I was tempted to put up a video of it because it's ADORable, but all of them have my kitty talky voice in the background and nobody needs to hear that. Mew's been jumping into the tub and digging, flopping around in it and even sleeping in it. I feel like we're in London circa WWII. Except WAY cuter. I've been assured by my pet psychic this is normal kitty behavior. But who can trust a woman who's change her name to Skygirl?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Endpapers are beautiful! I think I'll have to try those. It would be a good stranded learning pattern I hope. Are Joe's handwarmers all ribbed? Hard to see. They look lovely and long. I like the long ones that tuck under my sweater sleeves. :O) I'm sure you are missing Oliver's "percolating" as we call guinea pig noises in this house. Piggles always percolate happily when you arrive home. Love piggles. samm

Nic said...

Thanks! Yep, Joe's are all ribbed.

This morning I went through my normal routine which is get up, get glass of water, feed and water kitties, and then I found myself in the living room not remembering why I had gone in there. And it was because I'd usually go feed Oliver. It was kinda sad, I was on automatic pilot and forgot. :(