Monday, April 28, 2008

Sewing Circle

I'm having a particularly great day today even though it's gray and rainy outside. Joe and I went for pancakes before work and it really jump-started me on my day. Not that I was really more productive at work, but I am happier so I think it was worth it! Pancakes with my hubby will always put a smile on my face. Hopefully this weather turns into Spring too, that would really make me happy.

The tulips along State Street are starting to bloom and if this weather makes them die, I'm going to be really upset. I wish I could have more plants at our condo, but we have a tendency to kill them. Gardening is really not my thing. A lot of people in my family are successful gardeners and I don't think I've inherited the gene.

For my cousin's Christmas present, ::ahem:: that I gave her two three weeks ago ::ahem::, I made a Lotta Jansdotter Gardening Tote, she has the green thumb. I got the green canvas from Ikea and stamped these abstract dandelions onto it. The stamping was really fun, even though the kitties kept trying to sit on the fabric, "Oh! You like this stuff? Let me try it out here ::stretch:: You know what I think would make it even better? Cat hair, here ya go, this is SO MUCH BETTER, right?"


The tote bottom has rounded corners that you're supposed to sew onto the tube of the body and for the life of me I could not figure out an easy way to do this. Am I missing something? Probably, oh well, that's why sewers invented linings, to hide mistakes. Other than that, I found the pattern pretty straight forward.


The Lotta Jansdotter Gardening Tote: Able to lift 12lb kitties who are attention whores and refuse to get off what you're photographing. He actually put up with being in this thing until I took him halfway down the hallway to test his nerve.

Cat head accessory not included

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But I would definitely like one with the cat head accessory! You did a great job on the bag, and the printed dandelions are wonderful! What a great idea. :O)

Nic said...

Thank you!