Wednesday, April 09, 2008

RIP Oliver

Oliver the Guinea Pig
? - April 2008 (age, about 4 yrs.)

Oliver was a pretty good guinea pig as guinea pigs go. He didn't eat his vegetables even though every website I researched said he'd love them. He also neglected his salt lick, but he did love these little nugget treats. He was pretty content hanging around in his home all the time, occasionally running around and jumping while talking to himself. A big fan of his igloo house, most days he could be seen with his pooch hanging over the sides of it. Every once in a while we'd take him out and force him to be petted, and after a lot of persuasion, I think he would begin to like to be petted on his sides. Each morning he'd hear me wake up and get a glass of water and he'd start making his bleet sounds declaring that he was hungry.

The past couple months he hadn't been going on the top of his igloo. I'm not sure if that's due to old age or because he was getting fat, maybe a combination of the two. The past couple weeks, he'd seemed less 'talky' and wasn't running around as much. This morning I found him lying peacefully between his water bottle spout and his food bowl, looking pretty content.

Oliver has gone to the big plastic igloo in the sky. We tried to give him a good clean home with plenty of food, clipped his nails, made sure the cats didn't tease him too much. I'm pretty sure he passed due to old age.

Thanks Oliver for being the fat furry football that was always around for amusement and to endlessly torture my mother, who, when I told her her wish came true said, "Awww I'm sorry honey. But I never liked that tail of his, so gross."

3 comments:

monica said...

I'm sorry about Oliver.

Anonymous said...

I like piggles and I'm sorry to hear about Oliver. It sounds as if he had a good life. You will miss your fat little football friend, though.

Yarn or Death said...

Rest in peace, fat furry football Oliver. It sounds like you had a good life. Condolences to your family.