Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh So Totally 80s

I wore the best ballet outfit eva today to class. I had my pink cut-off tights, black leotard and my off one shoulder lose 80s graphic t-shirt. It is da bomb dot com. Yah I spelled that out all right. I love my tights. I definitely got a size too small because the elastic at the cut-off part is leaving impressions on my calves (I always have to get huge sized tights no matter what the sizing chart says due to my abnormal limbs, but we have covered this). Still, they suck me in and make me feel stronger. Either it's the pilates abs class I'm taking or the tights, but I feel like my 'core' is getting more solid. That's right! Just try and punch me in the gut when I have these things on, you're gonna like totally break your hand.

p.s. The Breakfast Club is definitely on abc Family tonight.
p.p.s. Sadly, the guy who plays the principal died yesterday or today I think. And not from breakin skulls.

Speaking about throw-downs, I ran into an interesting punk today. I was on the red line and it is just packed. Of course, nobody gets on at my stop (Monroe) because there's nothing really there except for the Palmer House Hilton. So I got a prime seat. I wasn't far too from the door. Unfortunately, five stops later, there are people jam-packed in the aisles and one of the doors isn't working on one side. Awesome, right? My stop is next. I contemplate moving toward the door and quickly veto that idea seeing as I can't even stand up. The train slows down, I gesture to the guy next to me I'm getting off and he tries to move to the side. The doors open, it's like the parting of the Red Sea except much more awkward and sweaty and there were no divine powers involved. At this point, people are already pushing themselves onto the train. I'm doing the 'scuse me, sorry, thanks, scuse me' routine, and one guy is nice enough to yell out 'Coming off!' So the people start backing off and this chick in front of me who is trying to get on goes, 'Watch it, bitch!'

She is a lovely 5' nothing in a green trucker hat with a scowl on her face and all I can muster is "Excuse ME" and I push myself off. She is so lucky I walked away because I was ready to take that hobag on. Booya! That's right! Lookin at me like she's gonna do sumthin, whatev!

I spent the rest of my way home visualizing myself waiting until right before the train doors close, snatching the Von Dutch hat off her head screaming "Watch THIS!" and running for it. I may also possibly flip her the bird, haven't decided.

Of course, in reality, how this would really go is I snatch the hat too soon and trip over my flip-flops as soon as I get to the stairs and her and her wannabe thugs jump me and take my ipod... and my turqouise ipod case... and break all my fingers... but not before I get in some good clawing and scratching haha!

Follow-Up: Here's my Totally 80s T

4 comments:

CC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CC said...

glad to hear that all the rumors about how unfortunately nasty the people in Chicago are, in fact, are true.

sorry about the comment removal...I left out a verb and you know how I am with my proper english on the internet.

Nic said...

You're so funny, your second post is the one with the grammar error dorkus.

CC said...

Dammit!