Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Little Bout Me

Manus

I've lived in the fabulous city of Chicago for about a year now. I've settled into my one bedroom 800 sq. foot apartment, learned the CTA and acquired two floofy irish cats (Fenster and McManus) thus solidifying my life as a person living alone. I was lucky enough to find my soulmate years ago and he proposed last July. Before that huge decision, he made the leap from IT guy to culinary afficionado and jumped into a totally different field. Part jealous, part inspired by his change, I came upon the idea of doing what I've wanted to do for years but never had the courage: take ballet lessons.

Fenster

Have I ever taken ballet lessons before? Yes, I was five years old and a bee stung me in the parking lot. That's about all I remember, even though my mom insists that when we saw the Nutcracker I shouted out all the steps they were doing (yah that was me, the annoying five year old in the back). I was also that annoying little girl who shouted "No Fivel! Don't go outside!" in the theatre during An American Tail. I'm not nearly as adorable now, I'm sorry to say.

No comments: