Friday, February 03, 2006

Practice Makes Purrrrfect

Today marks the first morning where my legs have been really sore! Yesterday afternoon they were a little stiff, but I attributed that to my loverly 8-hours-behind-a-desk job.

Last night I practiced my **new moves** to try and see if I could possibly improve. Unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten 50% of my **new moves**. So I kind of improvised. Arms to the right? Left? Who cares! I think the feet are right. My cats were especially interested in watching me twirl from one side of the floor and back. I was working on being up on my toes, feet shoulder width apart, then spinning 180 degrees so that I move one step over and then a 360 to turn back around and again and again in clockwise circles (can you tell I'm an Engineer?). I'm not really sure which way to spin going left though. Counterclockwise? Does it matter? It probably does. The arms are supposed to be "open" turning one way and "closed" going the other. I'm not sure which is which. I should probably concentrate on where I'm going anyway. I only ran into the wall once! I need to work on 'spotting.' That's when you pick a spot on the wall and when you turn, each time you have to focus on it. It apparently takes me more concentration than I want to give to whip my head around before my feet to focus on my spot. It's worth it though to not fall on my face or get dizzy and wander into my TV... or a cat.

Fenster and McManus were especially interested when I was practicing pointing my foot out to the side really fast in first position and alternating feet (there's some fancy French word for this but I have no idea what it is, in fact, I really have no idea what the point of this is - haha ballet pun, get it... ::sound of crickets:: - but it was one of the **new moves** that I could actually remember). The boys kept creeping up on me and peering around the corner to spy. I think if I keep this up, one day I'll look down and there will be a cat attacking my foot. I do have to say they are a captivated audience. Maybe I am doing something right? haha.



Joe is also happy about my new hobby. But I think it's only because I told him I wear tight pants and my butt looks hott (not a spelling error). Oh well, I can use all the support I can get however misguided. Just kidding baby! I know you're proud of me!

No comments: