Saturday, June 09, 2007

Happy Hooker Scarves


Happy Hooker Scarves
Originally uploaded by nicoleballet
A little transition from crochet to embroidery. I made the pinkish scarf yesterday at Joanie's. My mom made me the green one some time last year. I think hers is better... the gage is more even and it's a softer yarn. Also, after I made the analogy of mine looking like raw hamburger meat out loud I just don't know what to do with it now. Nobody wants hamburger meat around their neck. I've been meaning to try this pattern for so long, maybe I just need to invest in some nicer yarn and try again. Oh well.

Here's a little crochet change purse with a felt patch that is embroidered that I made for my friend Aimee for her birthday. I like the lotus a lot, so cute! Inspired by Amy Butler's lotus pattern fabric.

Embroidery is a lot of fun! Especially after I got Jenny Hart's Stitch It Kit! There are loads of fun ideas in there. I'm still wrestling with the whole embroidered pillow thing though, I don't think I'll go there. But the next big project I want to do would be a skirt with some pretty flowers. Here's some embroidery craziness:

Ryan's Redneck Onesie
So cute! It didn't take me too long to do this guy. And I was happy to see it's actually going to fit the growing boy!



















Guess who this one is for
Embroidering on t-shirt, stretchier material, was really hard. Ryan's onesie was definitely a learning experience. I tried to use wax paper as a stabilizer but I don't think it did a very good job. For Olive's I switched to, believe it or not, glad wear cling wrap. The wrap stuck to the fabric well enough and I think I got much much better results! My stitches look much more even.






And finally a little sumthin for my hubby. An apron with Red Kitty Blue Kitty. The original pattern had the kitties with big bows, so I put a triangle of felt between Jenny Hart's iron on pattern and the fabric so that they didn't transfer. Then all I had to do was extend the lines on the backs of the kitties.
I love their widdle pink noses.






CRAFTY WEEKEND AGENDA!!!!
Heading to MITSUWA JAPANESE STRIP MALL!!!! I've been hit with the Japanese craft book but and I have to head over there to see what they've got before I go crazy on EBay. I'll let you know if I find anything chock full of crafty goodness.

After MITSUWA JAPANESE STRIP MALL!!!! I'll be heading up to my favorite corner of the Earth that helps me get everything done, Elston and Diversey. I love it, JoAnn Fabrics, Home Depot, Target, PetSmart and now Strack and Van Til, some kind of uber huge grocery store?? I can get all of my errands done in the same freaking place. This is especially awesome when you live in a city where on the weekends people turn into blood hungry psycho drivers.

On my shopping list for today:
-I may be purchasing a sewing machine! WEEE!!!
-Canvas/linen/cheap fabric to practice with
-Button covering kits
-Pins
-Seam ripper
-cork
-MDF

I have a few projects in the works... And I leave you with:
BONUS KITTY PIC! They're all tuckered out from a hard day on the course.

No comments: