Monday, June 25, 2007

Presents!

Although I haven't blogged all last week, I have been crafting it up. Unfortunately, I have already given away or wrapped everything I made!!! Sorry, I really need to be better about taking more photos.

I embroidered five onesies for a baby shower my mom's going to on Friday. The expectant mother is an accomplished violin player who we've known for several years. Her father was my teacher and a friend. I don't know her very well so I made some that were more girly/typical and then some that were more unusual. I finished them up on Sunday morning and my fingers definitely hurt today!

I also finished birthday presents for Joe's mom and sister. His sister's pin board came out looking awesome, but what a pain in the butt! Staple guns = no fun. I will be thinking twice before deciding to do another one of those. Her tote bag came out looking spec-tac-ular. I have the ladies at Quiltology to thank for that. Their Berninas spoiled me rotten. I think she'll like her gifts if only for the fact that I used Heather Bailey and Amy Butler fabrics and she's very into textile designers. I was actually thinking of just getting her some fat quarters for her birthday, but this was more fun. Maybe I'll do that for Christmas.

For Joe's mom I tried out some of Amy Butler's patterns from her sewing book that I've been eying, a needle case and a drawstring bag. I made them out of this orange Belle Amy Butler fabric.


My final verdict: twill tape sucks. In the future I will avoid it or find some higher quality tape. The only kind I could find was polyester and I think cotton would look so much better. The drawstring bag I will definitely make again. It was so easy and who doesn't need a little bag to tote things to the beach or to go work-out?


Finally, I made t-shirts to cheer on my mom as she ran in her first triathlon on Sunday! That's right, my mom is an acclaimed athlete!! She ran in the Naperville Sprint Triathlon and made it in under her goal time of two hours! I'm so proud!

I'm really going to have to update this post with some photos of at least the patters or my inspiration!

Currently working on"

-Apron and matching towels for Lauren's house-warming party. With this fabric (which will be so hard to cut because I really really love it):
-Finishing up a teeeeeeeny detail on Kate's birthday present
-Re-doing Kelly's birthday present because I broked it. booooo.
-Making a non-gay bag for Joe to tote his work stuff in
-Maybe... MAYBE something for myself???

No comments: