Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Japanese Craft Books from Mitsuwa!

I went to MITSUWA JAPAN STRIP MALL!!! on Saturday and it was a gold mine! I spent over an hour there browsing. Finally I narrowed it down to five books with the things I'm most interested in now: quilting, sewing, tote bags, crochet, and embroidery. I think my favorites are the natural cord crochet book and the quilting book. There are a ton of ideas in there that I'm going to have to try.

Check 'em all out. The natural cord crochet one is one of my favorites. I love these! They're so summery when usually crochet reminds me of winter. I can totally see a beach towel poking out of them or gardening shears, or knitting. I like the bold colors next to the natural colors, they really pop. I'm definitely going to be experimenting with these guys.




























It's pretty obvious why I got the embroidery one yes? Some of the designs in here are pretty intricate, I'm not sure if I can pull them off, I guess we'll see...










Pleats! These will be so cute for summer and at work. Gotta work on those sewing skillz first though.











The quilting book is also one of my favorites.
I have a ton of ideas! Like:





































Cute handbags galore in the next book. I really like these tote bags, they're really versatile.













Time to get to work!

No comments: