Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cupcake Cupboard

Last Saturday I made chocolate mint cupcakes with white frosting. They were supposed to be in honor of St. Paddy's day but I forgot the food coloring to dye the frosting green. Get it? They're mint and green? eh? EH? It would've been fantastic. Oh well, they still turned out spectacular. So then I ran into a problem. I made 20 cupcakes, and I am one person without tupperware. Luckily, due to my lack of pots and pans I had ample shelf space. And thus the cupcake cupboard was born.

Cupcake and beer stein coexist in peace

Before you start to think I'm Better Crocker, you must know they came from a box and I just added mint extract to the mix. But I was pretty proud of my babies. I let Joe try them first.

Joe: ::takes huge bite:: mmm... You know, being in culinary school, the first thing I notice about food now is all the flaws.
Me: ::jaw drops::
Joe: No no, it's okay, I made the same mistake in baking and pastry.
Me: ::mouth open::
Joe: It's stupid, it doesn't mean anything.
Me: ::curled in a ball in the corner weeping::
Joe: Aw! They're really good! See? ::takes another bite::
Me: ::rocking back and forth::
Joe: My pastry teacher is just really picky
Me: ::gets up, walks to cupcake cupboard, SMASHES CUPCAKES!!!::

Oh I'm just kidding about all that, I would never smash cupcakes. Ever. No matter how 'flawed' somebody thinks they are. Because that somebody doesn't deserve cupcakes, not to mention MINT cupcakes. For the record, Joanie said they were "AMAZING." That's right, she said it in all caps just like that.

4 comments:

CC said...

Did I teach you nothing as an undergraduate here at VU. You NEVER leave your parent's house when you move out without stealing at least some storage containers! What is the world coming to when the importance of TupperWare containers is lost in the shuffle at a $40,000 a year liberal arts institution? Oh, the horror, the horror....

CC said...

P.S. That is a frightening photo of your left pre-molar. I am haunted by it every moment.

Nic said...

I'll have you know I have perfect teeth

CC said...

P.P.S. You may have perfect teeth. You may also have perfect kidneys and a stellar liver but there is a reason why they are in the inside of you....kind of like the backside of your molars. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THEM! Especially with chocolate cake plastered to them.