Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Nicole Tries Can Can Dancing

Dang it! I wanted blue! Those are the perks of sleeping with the guy who plays Billy the Kid.

We worked those high kicks today! The hardest one being where you kick high to the front then brush right down to the back. It's hard not to gyrate your pelvis front to back while you do that, gotta strengthen those ab muscles grrrrrr. The most awkward part of that exercise was the arm movements. We kicked out to the front, arm up above the head, out to the side, arm to the side, to the back, arm straight out in front. You don't have time to feel self-conscious about possible 'wetness.' I think this is a good thing, though. I don't have time to feel awkward about my monkey-arms. AND I didn't smack anyone today.

We've talked about the way to hold your hands, and more specifically, fingers. If Barbie wore legwarmers, she would have the perfect hands. Fingers are slightly separated, thumb out, index finger kind of pointed.

When brother Timmy expressed an interest in jewelry making, Suzy was excited! Little did she know it would end in carnage.

We also learned a new step today that was kind of like a waltz. You step with your foot flat, then take two more up on your toes. Your hands go from side to side. I don't think I even have to say how I flopped the arm movements yet again. The whole 3-step movement seems to mystify my coordination. I have 1-2 no problem, but going down, up, up? Sha right. That's going to take some more practice. How bout we just change it to down, up, down, up? No? The whole step reminds me of the first part of the Nutcracker where they're having the party and everyone's dancing around. I would be the huge attraction in the corner. You know, the tree? Yep, that's my starring role. It's totally brilliant. I look fabulous in green. I love accessories, and in the second scene, I get to tower over everybody. I've got to remember this suggestion for the recital.

p.s. My kitties are re-enacting Brokeback Mountain. Manus kissed Fenster, Fenster starting beating on him, it was claw, claw, bite, KISSES!!! Now I know what my boys do all day, they go to the movies! haha I just got a visual of Manus and Fenster sitting in the front row of a movie theatre with a box of milk duds (cuz they gotta have milk duds).

M: Stop hogging my milk duds!
F: Oh look, you have milk dud on you, let me get that... ::lick::
M: You bastard! ::hits with paw::
F: You're going to get it ::bites ear:: Oh gawd, milk dud! ::lick lick::
M: You son of a... ::bites neck:: mmm... some is on you here...
F: I'm not like that!
M: Quiet! I'm eating!

p.p.s. Looks like I jumped on the bandwagon with the Brokeback Mountain parodies... so low... so low...

2 comments:

CC said...

I can't seem to quit this blog....

you should throw in a little mcmanus and fenster Oscar commentary since apparently your kitties have now moved on to William Shattner re-enactments ala MTV Movie Awards....

I smell another blog coming on.

Nic said...

OMG Don't even tempt me!