Friday, March 24, 2006

What to Wear... What to Wear...

And if you need to, buy some new ballet outfits because it's 70% how you look and 30% how you dance!!" -Kelly

Hmm... how does one define 'need.' So far I've been wearing the same jazz pants with different t-shirts to class. Other people's outfits (not counting our esteemed teacher) have ranged from jazz pants to actual ballet tights to regular tights, coulats (::shudder::), leotards, and t-shirts. T-back is very found of his tights (::double shudder::). Maybe it IS time to shake it up a bit.

My cousin Kelly provided me with a couple websites to peruse in my off time at work (otherwise known as the other 7 hrs. I'm at my desk). What do you guys think I should get?? I'm thinking legwarmers are a non-negotiable purchase, but there are so many kinds!
This picture makes me want pointe shoes, just so I can wear them around the house with legwarmers.

They also come in stripes! And I think I really like the ones that have cut-outs for your heels. I dunno, too 80s stirrup pants?

I really like these ballerinas. They're so cute! They're all pink and black.
That's me in the front, checking out my hott a$$

So what about leotards? The problem is my ba-zooms. They're quite large. All these leotards that say built in bra, HA! I scoff at you! ::scoff!:: How do I fit an exercise bra underneath these things? Are they stretchy enough that I can even fit into them? More importantly, should I get a black one or a pink one?

Every leotard comes guaranteed with it's own personal midget.

There are different options with tights too. You can get cutoff tights, full-length tights, CONVERTIBLE tights.

Maybe a little too high-tech?

Now the question is: Can I just waltz into class with all of my new gear on? Maybe I should eeeeease into it a bit. Week 1: tights, legwarmers, short shorts and t-shirt? Week 2: Jazz pants, leotard? Week 3: tights, legwarmers, leotard, criss-cross sweater? no sweater? Oh the possible combos.

ADVISE ME!! NOW GO!
pictures courtesy of: www.discountdance.com and www.dancedistributors.com go visit if you want to add suggestions!

p.s. Check this woman out. Isn't she craaaaazy?


3 comments:

the ramblings of a bored lunatic said...

allie used to do point. she would come home from school with her toes all bloody and in band-aids...it was gross.

Now go?? EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME!!! You "scoff" and "scoff" at me when I use that (amoung others) and now you are stealing!!! WELL!!!

I don't know what this does to our friendship.

Nic said...

I never scoffed at the 'now go' there was no scoffing.

Anonymous said...

did you ever get an answer about waering a bra? im int eh same problem right now, if you figured it out plz e-mail me @ windinyourwings@hotmail.com