Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The One Jewish Girlfriend

I was reading my friend Paul's blog and I came upon this passage:

"my partner in crime over at FeedBurner who is also at the co-lo but at a different cage just said: "Because, its like an explosion of heavy jewish nerds back here." HAHAHA!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Jews. I dated one once even."

I promptly wrote him an email:

"how come catholic guys always have had like one jewish girlfriend? that they deem their jewish girl experience?

i only ask because joe dated a jewish girl and i asked why they broke up once and he goes "she was jewish and a vegetarian, i mean come on, do you see me dating someone like that?"
"i dunno, i guess..."
"no nicole, no. she would get up and go to all of her classes and work out."
"and you don't do that."
"no i do not."
"so she would hassle you about it?"
"well... no..."
"okaaaay..."
"she was jewish and a VEGETARIAN. VEGETARIAN!!!"
"ok ok i get it, it'd never work between you."
"never.""

Paul's response:

"OMG!!! My Jewish girlfriend was ALSO a vegetarian. The phrase "she
was jewish and a VEGETARIAN. VEGETARIAN!!!" pretty much captures it.
Creepy. Her name wasn't Michelle was it?"

No, no it was not, but this still cracks me up. Because I still don't get it, but I'm glad the guys seem to have an understanding.

(See a link to Paul's blog to the left in my 'links' column)

1 comment:

CC said...

Ok, so I tried to leave you a comment earlier and this is the message that appeared.
"This server is currently experiencing a problem. An engineer has been notified and will investigate." Thought you might find it hilarious that an engineer would be notified. That would be you, right. I have fallen into the blogging world though it is reminding me how now fun my life is, but perhaps you should check it out.

http://whyigototherapy.blogspot.com/