Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mrrrow!

Saturday, March 25th. 9:15 a.m. I have to take the kitties to the vet for their 9:30 a.m. appointment. Unfortunately, my car is at Joe's place. And I'm extremely hungover. I have a few choices: 1. Take a taxi with the cats to the vet and back $$$ 2. Take a taxi to my car, back to the apt. then to the vet. 3. Take a taxi with the cats to my car and then to the vet. 4. Walk the four blocks to the vet.

So there I am, hungover, unwashed, carring my two 12 lb. cats, each in their own carrier on either side of me down the streets of Chicago. And all they can do is cry as loud as they can. You can imagine the looks people at the bus stop gave me, especially when the bus came and the cats FREAKED OUT! Even though they had nowhere to go they started running around.

Whenever you think you're having a bad day, imagine me walking down the street hungover at 9 a.m. with two cats in carriers flanking me, "Merrrrrrrrrrrow! MEOW!!! MERRRROOOOOOOOW!!!!"

As Kate pointed out, this is why I should've trained them to walk on a leash. Hindsight is 20/20.

3 comments:

CC said...

Sure, the trip for you and the kitties was harrowing, but remember you weren't the poor veterinary technician who had to stick her hand in that carrier once you arrived at the clinic and inject those hellians with vaccine all while trying to convince them it was all for their own good. Ah, good times, good times.

Nic said...

Actually they were very well-behaved. I took them out of the carriers just in case they freaked out. But they don't even turn around to look when they're stuck with the needle. My boys are tough! Fenster spent the time cowering and Manus explored. He tried to fit his fat ass between the metal table and the wall but only managed half his body.

CC said...

I miss having kitties, they are a hell of a lot of fun